The 20th edition of 31 Days of Server (VMs) in the Cloud is now live at Step-by-Step: Extending On-Premise Active Directory to the Cloud with Windows Azure – 31 Days of Servers in the Cloud – Part 20 of 31 In this edition, Keith Mayer explains how and why to extend Active directory into your cloud infrastructure.
Extending an on-premise Windows Server Active Directory ( AD ) infrastructure into the cloud is an important topic to consider when planning the migration or implementation of cloud-based applications. Many existing applications require Active Directory for authentication and identity management. When migrating applications to the cloud, having a locally accessible Active Directory is an important factor to ensuring that AD authentication is fast and reliable.
Read the story!!! Consider This, Reasons for Using Windows Azure IaaS (Part 16 of 31)
You can find the landing page for the 31 day series at http://aka.ms/iaas31
Get Started Now – Create a free Windows Azure Account (NOTE: Free Account requires a Credit Card during registration but you will NOT be billed if you do not manually change your account to a Production/Pay Account)
Also of interest:
- 31 Days of Server (VMs) in the Cloud Series Index Page – links to entire series
- “Call-To-ACTION!” Challenge
- Windows Azure Poster-Free Download-WOW
- TechNet Radio: ITProGuru vs. Servers in the Sky
- Everything You Could Ever Want to Know About SQL Azure-Get Smart On SQL Azure Here
- Early Experts FREE online study group with certification exam preparation
- Early Experts Study Lab Setup Process