How do you navigate in a touch world without a touch device? I am glad you asked. This post will address that question in great detail but we will also look at all the other great things you can do with keyboard and mouse shortcuts. Read It, to understand what you have been missing. Bookmark it, to use as a reference while you get accustomed to the incredible power you still have at your finger tips without ever leaving home row! We will start off with what is new with Windows 8.1 but keep reading because there are probably plenty of other shortcuts that have been around for years and you simply were not aware of them. Lastly, if there are other shortcuts that you know about, please add a comment to share with the world.
Most of what you know about using a mouse and keyboard with Windows has stayed the same, especially in the desktop. Here are some ways to use both new and familiar Windows features with a mouse and with keyboard shortcuts. Please also note that there are often multiple ways to perform the same action. I will be giving you more than one method to perform an action in some cases but in many cases there are more more ways to perform the same action…
Now, Let’s drive this whole keyboard thing home.
Shortcut Keys That Use The Windows Logo Key:
For even more tips check out http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/keyboard-shortcuts#keyboard-shortcuts=windows-8
- Calculator keyboard shortcuts
- Calendar keyboard shortcuts
- Mail keyboard shortcuts
- People keyboard shortcuts
- Messaging keyboard shortcuts
- Paint keyboard shortcuts
- Reader keyboard shortcuts
- SkyDrive keyboard shortcuts
- Windows Journal keyboard shortcuts
- WordPad keyboard shortcuts
- App rearranging shortcuts
- Windows Help viewer keyboard shortcuts
- Narrator touch keyboard shortcuts
- Narrator keyboard shortcuts
- Magnifier keyboard shortcuts
- Ease of Access keyboard shortcuts
- This article is part of our March 2014 series of blog articles entitled “Windows 8.1 for Business” by your Microsoft Technology Evangelists and guests.
For the full list of articles in this series please visit the series landing page: http://aka.ms/Win814Biz