TechNet Radio: ITProGuru vs. Virtualization
About This Video
ITProGuru, Dan Stolts is back and in this episode he welcomes Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Matt McSpirit as they take a deep dive into how Windows Server 2012 and System Center 2012 stack up against VMWare. Tune in as they talk about major industry game changers such as new features found in Hyper-V, Share Nothing Live Migration, Hyper-V Replica, , Offloaded Data Transfer, as well as how this all impacts the Private Cloud landscape.
Some of the questions addressed in this video:
Radio where we will talk about how Microsoft’s Windows Server 2012 stacks up against VMware.
1) Perhaps you can kick things off by letting our audience know who you are and what you do.
2) I have heard descriptions like “leap frog” and “game changer” to describe Hyper-V on Windows Server 2012. Are these terms just marketing hype or is there really something big on the horizon?
3) It looks like there are some really big changes on the storage horizon. Can you can tell us about some the capabilities inside of terms like: Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) , Native 4K Disk Support and huge 64TB VHDX files for guest disks. Are any of these
4) It looks like SMB 3 clustering support and “Share Nothing Live Migration” can not only save enterprises a boatload of money, they can bring enterprise features to smaller companies. How do you see these capabilities impacting the virtualization space?
5) I know you did a few sessions at TechEd North America last week.
I did some looking and your sessions are already live on msTechEd.com. How was the introduction to this new technology received by the TechEd Audience?
6) How does all of this impact the Private Cloud landscape?
7) Are there other things you care to share?
8) Backups and DR?
If you’re interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- TechNet Radio: ITProGuru vs. Cloud Expansion
- TechNet Radio: IT Time – An Inside Look at System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
- TechNet Radio: Maturing Your IT Organization – From Technology Management to IT Service Management
- TechNet Radio: Virtual Lab Insider: Building Your Cloud Infrastructure with System Center 2012