You can see the details of the post and apply online at: https://careers.microsoft.com/jobdetails.aspx?ss=&pg=0&so=&rw=2&jid=214054&jlang=en&pp=ss
The IT Pro Evangelist is a highly technical role within the US Developer and Platform Evangelism (DX) team. The overall mission of the organization is to drive adoption while supporting a vibrant, healthy, and sustainable ecosystem locally for Microsoft’s key platforms. We do this by working closely with IT Pros to drive interest and preference for our platforms. This particular position is for a Technical Evangelist would be located in the Northern California area.
As a member of this elite team you will participate in IT Pro events and engage the community through live events, community support, influencer engagement, online scale, and creative new programs to both enable greater reach and depth of engagement. This is a highly technical role with the mission of engaging and inspiring the broad community of IT Pros and fostering adoption of Microsoft platforms, tools, and technologies (Windows Server, Windows Azure, and System Center).
This IT Pro Evangelist is responsible for:
- Driving awareness, trial, and adoption of Windows Server, Windows Azure, and System Center throughout the western region of the US.
- Defining and creating technical assets such as how-to and best practice guides for use at in-person events and online
- Delivering impactful technical content at events and through online channels
- Engaging the IT Pro communities in person and online
- Developing relationships with community leaders and influencers
- Deep technical expertise in key platforms, systems management, virtualization, and cloud computing (public, private, and hybrid). Experience with Windows Server, Windows Azure, System Center, VMWare, and/or AWS is highly preferred.
- Great communication and presentation skills (you should like presenting!)
- Minimum 5+ years of experience with core infrastructure technologies (servers, systems management, virtualization, and/or cloud computing).
- A passion for technology
- Moderate to medium travel is required (25-50%)
- Ability to work a non-traditional schedule at times (nights and weekends) to ensure we are able to meet with our constituencies in their environments.
In summary, DX is committed to driving broad platform adoption and developing a vibrant ecosystem of IT Pros, partners, and customers. Our role is to help secure the platform for Microsoft, now and in the future, and we do this with integrity, through collaboration, and with passion.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.