Windows Azure Backup helps protect server data against loss and corruption by enabling backup to offsite cloud storage in Windows Azure. It provides a consistent experience configuring, monitoring, and recovering backups across local disk and cloud storage, integrating with the in-box backup program in Microsoft Windows Server or System Center Data Protection Manager.
Windows Azure Backup encrypts and protects your backups in offsite cloud storage with Windows Azure, adding a layer of protection in case data loss or disaster impacts your servers. It can integrate with the backup tools in Windows Server or System Center Data Protection Manager. You can manage cloud backups from these familiar tools to configure, monitor, and recover backups across local disk and cloud storage with ease. Windows Azure Backup delivers efficient data protection. It minimizes network bandwidth use, provides flexible data retention policies, and provides a cost-effective data protection solution that can be Geo replicated with ease. Data stored in Windows Azure is geo-replicated among Windows Azure data centers, for additional protection. Your data is encrypted before it leaves your premises, and remains encrypted in Windows Azure – only you have the key. Incremental backups provide multiple versions of data for point-in-time recovery. Plus, you can recover just what you need with file-level recovery.
Tweet: Checkout @ITProGuru Backup Windows Server Using Windows Azure Backup Step-By-Step http://aka.ms/azBackup
52 min step by step video:
- 5.00.17 Signup for future event notification (Includes major events like Launch, IT-Camp, TechNet, etc)
- 15.59.05 Hands On http://aka.ms/AzBackup
- 18.21.27 Create Self-Signed Computer Certificate
- 20.24.27 Enable Azure Backup Preview
- 23.06.28 Configure Recovery Vault
- 25.02.06 Upload Certificate (Manage Certificate)
- 25.39.25 Install and Configure Azure Backup Agent
- 33.54.19 Backup
- 39.06.00 BizSpark = Free Software and Azure Services for 3 years http://aka.ms/BizSparkNow
- 44.16.23 Restore
- Data protection challenges
- Introducing Windows Azure Backup
- How it works
- When to choose Windows Azure Backup
- Next steps
Hands On Demo: See Full Step-By-Step Hands On Lab Guide at http://aka.ms/azBackup
Backup Windows Server Using Windows Azure Backup Step-By-Step (Hand On Lab)–Try It While Its FREE
- Backup Windows Server Using Windows Azure Backup Step-By-Step
- Prerequisites – LiveID, Azure Account, IE Enhanced Security Configuration
- Create Self-Signed Computer Certificate Step-By-Step http://aka.ms/GuruCert
- Enable Windows Azure Backup (Preview) Feature. Notice this is Preview so it is not supported by SLA yet. http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/services/preview/
- Configure Windows Azure Backup (Preview) Feature
- Install the Windows Azure Backup Agent.
- Configure the Windows Azure Backup Agent
- Restore Files from Window Azure
Download the .MP4 http://ITProGuru.com/downloads/video/Windows-Server-Backup-to-the-Cloud-on-the-Cheap.mp4
Download .PPTX http://ITProGuru.com/downloads/Resources/Windows-Azure-Backup-Overview-ITProGuru.pptx
What Does Windows Azure Cost?
We charge for backup based on the amount of data stored in the Backup service. We do not charge additionally for bandwidth, storage, storage transactions, compute, or other resources associated with providing the Backup service. Windows Azure Backup was made generally available on October 10, 2013. Promotional preview pricing remains in effect until November 30, 2013. If you have less than 5gb of data to backup per month it is absolutely FREE. I really like free but that is not the good news. The good news is the cost when using it at scale in production. On Dec 1st the price will change to $.50 cents per GB per month. Yep, that’s right you can backup your server for the month for about the cost of a cup of coffee. See Chart Below… Keep up with the most recent pricing and review the 6 or 12-Month Plan options for even more savings at http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/pricing/details/backup/
|COMPRESSED DATA STORED PER MONTH||PRICE (starting Dec 1)||PRICE (until Nov 30)|
|First 5 GB / Month 1||Free||Free|
|Greater than 5 GB / Month||$0.50 per GB per month||$0.25 per GB per month|
1 For monetary credit offers, backup will be charged at the billable tier.
The amount of storage for which you are billed is determined by the compression ratio and the number of backups retained. The charge for backup storage is prorated daily. For example, if you consistently utilized 20 GB of storage for the first half of the month and none for the second half of the month, your average daily amount of compressed data stored would be 10GB for that month. Since the first 5GB each month is included at no charge, your bill for that month would be $2.50 (5GB x $0.50) for that month (Way less than a cup of coffee). See more at: http://itproguru-app.azurewebsites.net/expert/2013/11/windows-server-2012-r2-backup-full-integration-with-windows-azure-backup-whywin2012r2/
11/21/2013 Added Costs