I’ll be there… Hope to see you there!!
New Jump Start! Windows Intune for IT Professionals
Microsoft Learning is hosting a new class in the popular “Jump Start” series. Join highly-respected David Tesar and Richard Harrison (details below) for an engaging walk-through Microsoft Intune. Learn how to:
• Perform security and management tasks remotely from a web-based console.
• Help secure PCs from malware and virus threats with endpoint protection.
• Deploy most updates and line of business applications through the cloud.
• Optimally configure Windows Intune, utilize best practices, and avoid mistakes
This 1-day fast-paced training will be packed full of demos to reinforce key scenarios using Intune.
• What? PC Management and Security In the cloud with Windows Intune Jump Start
• Who? IT Professionals looking to gain a deep knowledge of how to setup, configure, and utilize the capabilities of Windows Intune. No previous experience with Windows Intune required.
• When? Tuesday, November 15, 2011 from 9am – 3pm PDT
• How? Live virtual classroom (online)
• Cost? Free
• Deploying and Installing the Windows Intune client
• Designing and deploying a group and policy structure
• Deploying Software through Windows Intune
• Managing alerts, software, licenses, and reports
• Scanning for malware and providing remote assistance
David Tesar started out his tenure at Microsoft in 2002 as Support Escalation Engineer, moved to a role as a Premier Field Engineer, and since 2007 works as a Technical Evangelist for the worldwide Developer Platform Evangelism (DPE) team based in Redmond, WA. David works closely with MS product teams to “share the good news” of IT Pro relevant software through creation of technical content, speaking at various Microsoft and industry-sponsored events, and working on projects directly with customers. David has been working deeply with Windows Intune since the first beta of the product in June 2010. http://edge.technet.com/people/extreme
Richard is the Windows Intune Technical Product Manager at Microsoft, he has over 25 years’ IT experience and has specialized on the Windows platform for the past 15 years. During this time he worked with a wide variety of products and technologies and has authored a number of books and guides including the Microsoft Antivirus Defense-in-Depth Guide, the Branch Office Infrastructure Solution (BOIS), and co-authoring several Windows Server and Client Security Guides for the Solution Accelerator Team (SAT).
What’s a “Jump Start” Course?
Training specifically designed for experienced developers and technologists whose jobs demand they know how to best leverage new, emerging Microsoft technologies. These advanced courses assume a certain level of expertise and domain knowledge, so they move quickly and cover topics in a fashion that enables teams to effectively map new skills to real-world situations.