Join Friends of IT Pro Guru to Keep informed and save money! Members will get advance notification of events (register before they sell out) when possible. Most events are free but for those that do have a fee, often a discount will be extended to members. Plus more membership program opportunities coming.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why ask Dan to send you emails about events? Microsoft does not have a TechNet Attendee list that they email to on a regular cadence. They put criteria into a database search and whoever comes up first based on the criteria they entered will get an invite. Becoming a member insures you will get the invite!
- Are there other ways to find out about these events without giving out my contact information? Yes. You could also subscribe (RSS) to Dan’s blog (http://ITProGuru.com) as he always posts messages about TechNet events, IT-Camps, Launch Events, Community Events, etc. Most Microsoft events are also posted on www.Microsoft.com/events and www.BostonUserGroups.org.
- Why the phone numbers? The phone numbers are only collected as alternate way to contact someone in case an email bounces or if we cannot read information on the form. If an email bounces and there is no other contact method, it will simply be deleted from the notification list. However, if I have time, I may try to reach out to the phone number if it is supplied to see if you want to update the email address.
- Will I be spammed? How many messages should I expect? Messages will be sent to you about events in your local area or national events that may be of interest for you to travel. In 2010 there were 2 messages sent out. In 2001 there were three messages sent out. In 2012 there were only two messages sent out. On average you should expect not more than 2 per quarter. During launch season (eg. Windows 8, SCVMM 2012) there may be more because there are so many more events. You will not be spammed… In the past our policy was, If you do not register based on the message that is sent out, you simply lose out on that opportunity. Due to your many, many requests I may send out reminders prior to events, but no guarantees. (if there is an error, or other corrections are needed, an additional message may be sent out.)
- How do you know what geography to include in messages? There is a City/State field, if it is filled in; that will be used to determine geography. We will automatically populate the city/state based on the event you attended and submitted this form. (eg. If you attend an event in New York City, you will be sent invites to events in NYC, Long Island, and other New York Metro areas; you will not get invites for events that are exclusively happening in the Boston area) You may find out about the Boston event if that same show is coming to both cities. In that case, a single message will likely be created with registration links to both locations and you would register for the one in your geography.
- Will there be emails that are not related to upcoming events? Not likely but it is possible. If there are announcements that may be of interest to a large percentage of members, that announcement may be sent to all members.
Please provide feedback.
Future Membership Enhancements
|Membership “party” bring a dish (or sponsors?) and meet other technology professional in the area. Outside games? Xbox Game Party? Sports Outing?||2013|
|Add Member Only Online Events||2013|
|Promotion (with prizes)
|Free Technology Training Classes for members (InstallFests, Seminars, Etc)||2013|
|Windows 8 / Windows Phone App to keep up with what is going on (Live and Online)||2013|
Other programs of Interest:
- Early Experts: Windows Server Certification Online Study Group
- Live Tiles Toolbox: Add a really cool Auto-update download toolbox to your website or blog
More coming soon…