Join your fellow cloud-ies at the Cambridge edition of the 2015 Global Azure Bootcamp. Now in its third year, the Bootcamp brings together technologists at over 150 locations across the world for a day’s worth of hands-on sessions focused on leveraging the capabilities of Microsoft Azure.
Plan to bring your laptop and provision at least a free trial Azure account BEFORE you come to the event (see below for details). It is important to come prepared: getting set up is not terribly difficult, but it takes a while for things to run. Additionally, we’ll make use of this account early in the day and frequently, so setting up ahead of time will allow you to get the most out of the event.
Saturday, April 25, 2015 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
One Memorial Drive, Cambridge, MA (map)
Register: Boston Azure Meetup
WHAT WILL THE DAY LOOK LIKE?
2. Bootcamp activities begins promptly at 9:15 – Welcome / About The Day / Start Your Engines
3. Azure Content! – We will all deploy to Azure very early in the day, so be ready!, and we’ll cover many topics – some briefly, some with labs – VMs (IaaS), Web Sites (PaaS), messaging and IoT, devops, disaster recovery…
4. ~ 12:30 – Lunch (pizza, provided – we’ll have some vegetarian and vegan pizza options)
5. Back to Azure Content!
6. 4:30ish – wrap up content, next steps, SWAG (and, yes, have a LOT of SWAG)
7. 5:00pm – done!
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR THE DAY?
1. Microsoft Azure Account
To get the most out of the day you will need a functioning Azure account. If you have an MSDN subscription (Pro or higher), you may already have an account; otherwise, obtain a a FREE 1-Month TRIAL
2. Install Visual Studio 2013. Download the Community Edition if you don’t already have it installed.
3. Install the Windows Azure SDK for Visual Studio 2013 development.
4. Optionally install other SDKs for other languages and tools
HOW DO I CONNECT THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA?