Dan Stolts kicks off a new multi-part series today on Data in the Cloud and in part 1 he welcomes Shawn Bice, Director of Program Management at Microsoft to discuss how customers are using Azure for their data needs.
- [2:35] It looks like you guys have a pretty complete data platform with many services, what are some of the key trends you see, and how does that shape you product offerings?
- [6:00] The Connected Cow?
- [15:45] What are the advantages for using cloud services for data?
- [24:20] Can you share some hyper scale scenarios?
- [32:40] It looks like you guys are investing a lot in security, can you tell us more?
- [35:50] When you talk about Hybrid, can you share some of the scenarios you are delivering?
- [41:02] With regard to Azure SQL DB, can you tell us about the journey in building a globally distributed workload and how customers use it?
- [45:00] How does Azure as a whole differentiate?