Windows Azure Infrastructure Services provides cloud-based storage, virtual networks and virtual machines that can be provisioned on-demand to support lab, pilot or production application workloads. In this multi-part Step-By-Step hands on lab format we will walk you through the entire process. The introduction and index post can be found at: Hands-on Lab: Build a SharePoint Dev-Test Farm in the Cloud using Windows Azure Infrastructure Services (Part 0 – Introduction and Series Index)
Exercise 2: Register a DNS Server in Windows Azure
Register the internal IP address that our domain controller VM will be using for Active Directory-integrated Dynamic DNS services by performing the following steps:
1) Sign in at the Windows Azure Management Portal with the logon credentials used when you signed up for your Free Windows Azure Trial.
2) Select Networks located on the side navigation panel on the Windows Azure Management Portal page.
3) Click the +NEW button located on the bottom navigation bar and click
Networks | Virtual Network | Register DNS Server.
4) Complete the DNS Server fields as follows:
DNS Server IP Address: 10.0.0.4
Next Step: Define a Virtual Network in Windows Azure
5) Click the REGISTER DNS SERVER button.